Just a lot of nonsense | @thamysnonsense
me and my dude were talking about the the common qualities that tie our groups of friends together, and i decided that all my friends are capital-b Bitches, like people who are decidedly not mean but who are so sick of the world trying to bring them down that they’re aggressively building themselves and their loved ones up, and they have zero time or tolerance for your meaningless shit because they’re busy being Bitches
- Other people’s cultures do not exist for white people to seek their spiritual enlightenment
- No one owes you an education, and initiation, or a history lesson simply because ‘you want’
- No one has to include you in things because ‘you want’
- No one has to hold their tongue, sweeten their words, or chop up sentences to make white people feel better about history- colonization, slavery, genocide, ect.
- No one should be ‘grateful’ to you for your interest in said culture
Are non-black people not able to see the difference??? Black people don’t simply stop washing and grooming our hair to achieve locs. Locs (and EVERY OTHER STYLE WE WEAR including, but not limited to, braids, twists, afros, and even wigs/weaves) are the complete damn opposite of what white folk tried to tell us for hundreds of years was true. We are not, and have never been, a dirty or unkempt people. We have always taken pride in our appearance and our style has always been FAR more intricate than chunks of matted yuck! White people with dreads is top tier white privilege. 😖
I don’t wanna die before white people just let us be great. I want that to happen sometime in my earthly life. I want our hair and skin and lips and hips to be acceptable and not just sexualized. I want movies about Egypt to cast black folk as the slaves/servants AND the Pharaohs. I want black kids to go to the corner store for skittles and make it home in one piece, and if they DON’T I want whatever weapon formed against them to be found guilty.
I just…I’m so frustrated.